What is the Moodle Course Creator Certificate?
The MCCC is a way for you to demonstrate your skills in using Moodle as a teacher. The assessment contains a course project, a short narrative document, and an online exam. You will be assigned an MCCC-certified mentor-assessor to help guide you through this process. When you pass the certification you are given a code that lets you (or anyone else you give it to) download your personalised certificate as a PDF from this site.
The MCCC is not a training course, it assumes that you already know what you need to know and just want to be assessed and certified. However, Moodle Partners may provide training courses that allow you to fulfill the project and narrative elements of the MCCC - please talk to your Moodle Partner about this.
Who provides the certification?
The content of the certification is designed by the Moodle community at moodle.org where you can find discussions, documentation and preparation guides.
The certification process is administered by Moodle Partners and costs between AU$200-AU$800 in your local currency (Moodle Partners in each country set the local rate).
How can I get a Moodle Course Creator Certificate?
If you can review the checklist below and honestly say "Yes" to each point then you are probably ready to register and start:
- I have created at least one Moodle course previously and used it with learners
- I have actively used the apropriate version of Moodle for at least one year
- I have used many different activities and resources in Moodle
- I am familiar with the Moodle Docs area, and can find my way around
- I have read all the documentation in the Moodle Certification area
- I can set aside 5-10 hours a week to work on my MCCC (this is an indicative time only - it will vary for individual candidates)
- I want to improve my understanding and use of Moodle !
To prepare and then register for MCCC you should join the Moodle Certification area on Moodle.org: here